What Do We Believe About...
- We believe in the sufficiency, inspiration, inerrancy, infallibility, and authority of the Bible.
- We believe the Bible is God's Word, contained in both Old and New Testaments, and is the ultimate rule of faith and practice.
The Nature of God
- We believe in the Tri-unity of God; that God is one in essence yet three in person, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each person is equally and fully God, yet distinct in person and role.
- We believe that God the Father is the Architect of Creation, the one who chose and predestined those who would come to faith in Christ, drawing them to His Son whom He sent into the world, adopting them into His family, and preserving them to the end by supplying all that is needed for His glory and their joy.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the second person of the Godhead, is at the same time fully God and fully human, having been sent from the Father, taking on humanity (the incarnation), living a sinless life, being born under the Law yet fulfilling the Law, giving up His life to death as an atoning substitute for sinners on the cross, physically rising from the dead, and ascending to His throne in heaven, where He rules and reigns over His Kingdom, providing intercession and help as the Advocate of the believer, and will soon return to consummate all of God’s eternal purposes.
- We believe in the work and ministry of the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Triune God, who sent by the Father and the Son draws, regenerates, indwells, empowers, sanctifies, and dispenses gifts sovereignly to the church for its edification and witness, with the end of exalting Christ and fulfilling the Father’s plan.
- We believe that humanity was created man and woman, in the image of God, in a sinless, yet fallible, condition. They had perfect fellowship with God, but forfeited that fellowship when, under the deception of Satan, they willfully rebelled against God and His commands, and brought the entire human race into sin and ruin.
- We believe that every human is conceived and born a sinner, under sin and its dominion, under the law and its penalty, and under the wrath and condemnation of God.
- We believe that every human is unwilling and unable to submit to God and His holy Word, and continually commits sins of mind, emotion, and will.
- We believe Scripture, in both Old and New Testaments, defines marriage as between one man and one women. This view of biblical marriage is the only legitimate and accepted sexual relationship. Any deviation from this biblical standard is to be recognized by Scripture as sin and must be viewed and dealt with in the church as such.
- We believe that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, according to Scripture alone, through Christ alone, and for the glory of God alone.
- We believe salvation is entirely a gift of God, whereby He regenerates the sinner, enabling them to respond by repentance and faith, forgiving their sin, relenting His wrath, justifying them on the ground of Christ's righteousness alone by faith alone, sanctifying them by the power of the Holy Spirit, and eventually glorifying them, body and soul, forever.
- We believe in the one, universal, invisible, and true Church of Jesus Christ, which is the pinnacle of all God’s redeeming purposes begun in the Old Testament and fulfilled in the New Testament.
- We believe one becomes a member of this church by being called by God through saving faith in Christ.
- Yet, we also affirm the New Testament teaching of the centrality of the local church, which exists under the leadership of pastors/elders and deacons, is built upon the Word of God and its faithful preaching, rightly administers the Sacraments, and holds to the principle of church discipline.
- We believe the church's role is to disciple and equip believers in gospel unity, as well as reach the lost with the gospel unto salvation and sanctification.
- We believe that all of God's eternal purposes will be consummated at the end of the present age, when Christ will visibly and physically return.
- We believe Satan and all his followers will be judged and cast into the Lake of Fire forever, all Christ's enemies will be defeated and cast into eternal judgment, and the unrepentant sinner will also have a share in the eternal Lake of Fire.
- We believe the righteous will be resurrected to enter into the New Heavens and Earth, into the presence of God forever as the fulfillment of God’s plan of restoration and renewal.